Thursday, July 28, 2022

Casting the Sacred Circle and Calling the Four Directions

Native American culture honors and respects ancestors as guiding spirits. This ritual uses Native American-inspired invocations of your ancestors as your guides.

Before calling the sacred circle, prepare yourself and your space as previously described. You may choose to cast the circle using a drum or rattle as you speak, saying:

Grandmothers and Grandfathers, please come and create the sacred circle of light. Surround me in a circle of light. Thank you.

Grandmothers and Grandfathers of the north, I thank you for coming and I welcome the energy of the north, Great Spirit, the sacred Mountains, connection to our ancestors and the elders, and connection to our knowing, remembering, and our wisdom. I welcome White Buffalo here. Aho!

Grandmothers and Grandfathers of the east, thank you for coming, and I welcome the energy of the east, the golden doorway that leads to all levels of awareness and understanding. I connect to the rising sun, to the warmth of the sun, to new beginnings, to illumination, and to the light, for mental clarity. I welcome the spirit seeds of new ideas and the male energy to move forward. I welcome the energy of Eagle here. Aho!

Grandmothers and Grandfathers of the south, I welcome you and thank you for coming. I welcome the energies of the south, innocence and play and coming into the world from our child’s wonder, our authentic self. I welcome the balance of lightheartedness. I welcome the energy of Coyote here. Aho!

Grandmothers and Grandfathers of the west, welcome. I give thanks to the energies of the west, the place of letting go of what no longer serves us, the place of diving deepinto the void, the darkness, Great Mystery, the place of the creative feminine and looking within. I welcome Bear here. Aho!

Grandmothers and Grandfathers of the Above World, I welcome you and the energies of Father Sky, the Cosmos, Star Beings, Light Beings, Ascended Masters, Angels, Archangels, and all who work with us from the light. Welcome. Aho!

Grandmothers and Grandfathers of the Below World, Great and Mother Earth, we welcome your mud, your beauty, and all our ancestors of the earth, the mineral kingdom, plant kingdom, animal kingdom, all creatures, and our relatives. We give thanks to you and all your vibrations and your wisdom. I welcome the nature spirits and align with the elements. Aho!

Grandmothers and Grandfathers at the Center of all being, we welcome you. I welcome the energy of love and well- being, the place that connects us all at heart. May we know our oneness and our unique gifts. Aho!

Once you have opened your chakras and created the sacred circle, you may call for a vision, pray for guidance, pray for healing, or choose to give thanks. This is a circle of light where you are connected to the divine source of love and light. Enjoy your journey. When you have completed your mission within the circle, open the circle by giving thanks to all who came to guide you, guides and totems, and all the energies of the directions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment