Monday, April 9, 2018

Light the Lamp of Love: Bedroom Enchantment


Ask any professional decorator the secret of a beautiful home and they will all agree that lighting is hugely important. I will add that for bedrooms it is even more important as that is what sets the tone and mood. Your bedside lamp needs to be a favorite and the bulb wattage needs to be enough to read but not overly bright. Many metaphysical shops have clay lamp rings you can fill with essential oils but you can also anoint your bulb before turning it on by gently dabbing with a clean cloth dipped in oils. Vanilla and amber are my go-to’s but you should experiment until you find what you and your loved one prefer. You can also enhance the love energy of your lamp by draping a gorgeous scarf or cloth of a warm and amorous color such as deep rose or smoldering orange.

After you have anointed and adorned your bedside lamp, pray aloud:

Aphrodite, aid me from the heavens above!
Bring forth in me, the wisdom of love.
Goddess bright, share with me your art,
Guide me in the ways of the heart.
I go in gratitude to you; thank you for your light of love.
Now, adorn yourself and embody the goddess of love!


No comments:

Post a Comment